The Miss Rodeo America Pageant is one of the many colorful events that come with the Wranglers National Final Rodeo. It is the annual showcase of the most beautiful and smartest women with an eventual emerging as the new Miss Rodeo America. Just like the Wrangler NFR, this event holds in Las Vegas too.
Miss Rodeo America is more than just a pageant – this is a competition that gives equal emphasis on appearance as it does personality. Then throw in the fact that horsemanship is a requirement – you have the ultimate female-themed Rodeo event.
The pageant is an opportunity of a lifetime for many young women. It is an ideal platform to show their horsemanship skills as well as having one of the best experiences of their life.
Miss Rodeo America serves as a solid foundation for all the participating young women – and not just the winner. It is a way to meet new people who can help achieve their future endeavors. They say your net worth is your level of network – young women can meet life-changing friends and business partners during the competition.
What’s Store for the Winner of the Pageant
The lucky Miss Rodeo America becomes the face of the sport of rodeo for the year. This means that the winner travels around the states of the country promoting and educating all and sundry on the rodeo sport.
The reigning Miss Rodeo America will the number one educator of the western way of life, teaching the nous and values that come with the culture. She will appear in many schools promoting the rodeo.
Miss Rodeo America also becomes the winner of a prize of about $20,000 as well as other packages that include scholarships, Justin Boots and Wrangler apparel, Montana Silversmiths jewelry and belt buckles.
Taylor McNair of Mississippi is the reigning Miss Rodeo America having won the 2019 edition. She became just the third woman from the great state of Mississippi to wear the crown.
Miss Rodeo America Pageant 2020
The Miss Rodeo America 2020 will hold on Sunday, December 1, 2019, through Sunday, December 8, 2019. This will be at the Las Vegas Tropicana Hotel, Las Vegas NV.
The coronation and contract signing will hold Sunday, December 8, 2019, at the same hotel. This year’s event is presented by Justin Boots. If you will like to make reservations for this year’s Miss Rodeo America, click here.
Miss Rodeo America Pageant Dates:
- Monday, December 2, 2019 – Contestant Horsemanship Competition at 9:30 am
- Monday, December 2, 2019 – Contestant Written Test at 3:00 pm
- Monday, December 2, 2019 – Contestant Personality Interview/Fashion Show Rehearsals at 4 pm
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019 – Miss Rodeo America Scholarship Foundation Luncheon at 12 noon.
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019 – Contestant Personality Interview/Fashion Show Rehearsals at 1:30 pm
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 – Photogenics Judging at 10:30 am
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 – Contestant Horsemanship Interviews/Fashion Show Rehearsal at 1:45 pm
- Thursday, December 5, 2019 – Contestant Horsemanship Interviews/Fashion Show Rehearsal at 8:30 pm & 2:45 pm
- Friday, December 6, 2019 – Fashion Show & Luncheon at 11:30 am
- Saturday, December 7, 2019 – Justin Boots Parade at 2:30 pm
- Sunday, December 8, 2019 – Miss Rodeo America 2020 Coronation Performance at 10:30 am
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019 – Miss Rodeo America introduced at the Wrangler NFR
All-time and dates are still tentative. Check here for more current info.
Miss Rodeo America 2020 Contestants:
Miss Rodeo America 2020 contestants list given below…
- Johnna Drew, Alaska
- Jordan Ownby, Arizona
- Susan Rhodes, Arkansas
- Madison Wagner, California
- Kellie Stockton, Colorado
- Cara Spirazza, Florida
- Sara Weekes, Idaho
- Rachael Ostrem, Iowa
- Brooke Wallace, Kansas
- Cheyenne Benoit, Louisiana
- Hannah Wagner, Minnesota
- Kaitlyn Ayers, Missouri
- Kayla Seaman, Montana
- Eva Oliver, Nebraska
- Jennifer Fisk, Nevada
- Savannah Welborn, New Mexico
- Noelle White, New York
- Kara Berntson, North Dakota
- Kodi Smalygo, Oklahoma
- Taylor Ann Skramstad, Oregon
- Jordan Tierney, South Dakota
- Olivia Johnston, Tennessee
- Jordan Maldonado, Texas
- Mckaylie Richins, Utah
- Hannah Leib, Washington
- Lexus King, Wisconsin
- Hannah Ostheimer, Wyoming
Miss Rodeo America Scholarship Foundation
One of the most long-running traditions of Miss Rodeo America is the Miss Rodeo America Scholarship Foundation. The pageantry has always recognized the need for the winners of the event to further their education.
The need for further education is why the Miss Rodeo America Scholarship Foundation was founded in 1997. This allowed education to be one of the key facets of the pageantry.
The Miss Rodeo America Scholarship Foundation gives a scholarship worth $20,000 to the winner of the pageantry as well as other various scholarship awards for different categories and areas.
The scholarship award is not limited to just the winner alone – all the contestants are entitled to a minimum of $1000 for just competing in the competition.
The 2020 edition of Miss Rodeo America promises to be a showcase of the brightest young women of the Western culture. These young women will have an experience of a lifetime and to be rewarded with several packages that will help to expose and broaden their knowledge of the sport of rodeo.
This is Shelby Brunette a barrel racer who works at The Women’s Professional Rodeo Association (WPRA). She has been riding horses for the last 15 years and she loves rodeo as well as horses. Based on his experiences with rodeo she is sharing his opinion about National Finals Rodeo (NFR) so that Wrangler NFR fans can get date, time, tickets, results, TV schedule & updates. Find him on twitter here. Happy reading!